PROVIDING SCHOLARSHIPS TO PISD SENIORS
The Prosper Education Foundation, as well as the Prosper Community, is passionate about making sure every Prosper ISD graduate has access to higher education. Each year, PEF offers many scholarships to graduates that provide needed funds for tuition and fees at colleges, universities or trade schools. An Application is required, and details on the available PEF scholarships and community scholarships awarded through PEF can he found below.
Next Step Scholarship
The Next Step Scholarships are awarded to Prosper ISD graduates who are going on to a university, college or trade school. These funds are awarded based on academic, scholastic and extra-curricular activities and achievements. Consideration is also given to applicants with outside work experience, leadership and volunteerism in their experiences.
The Legacy Scholarships are awarded to Prosper ISD graduates whose parent or parents are employees of the district and are active contributors to PEF through the payroll deduction plan. These funds are awarded based on scholastic accomplishments as well as work history and volunteerism. A scholarship application must be submitted online by the due date to be eligible for the scholarship.
Prosper Community Scholarships
The Prosper Community Scholarships are awarded to Prosper ISD students who are planning to attend Collin College following PHS. Prosper Rotary partners with PEF to provide close to a full year of tuition to Collin College with a $1,250 scholarship. These funds are awarded to applicants who submit an online application by the deadline and designate Collin College as their first choice for future educational plans.
The Bridge Scholarships are funds designed to bridge the gap between students and higher education. Those students that are experiencing a financial hardship that could hold them back from attending a college or university are encouraged to apply. The Bridge Scholarship funds can be combined with other PEF scholarships to offer additional support with the costs of higher education. Applicants must complete an additional essay to be considered for this scholarship. All information is confidential and personal information is unseen by the PEF review panel.
Top 10 Scholarship
PEF is pleased to award a scholarship to the Top 10 graduates of PHS. No application is required. Those applicants who are eligible for the Top 10 Scholarship will be identified by PHS.
Chandler Fetterolf Memorial Music Scholarship
The Chandler Fetterolf Memorial Music Scholarship is awarded to a PHS senior who has been a member of the Mighty Eagle Band program and plans to pursue music in college. A Recommendation from the PHS Band department is required. DONATE HERE
Office Patrick Turner Memorial Scholarship
The Office Patrick Turner Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a PHS Senior who took law enforcement classes in high school and is pursuing law enforcement professionally or plans to be an EMT. DONATE HERE
Robbie Reynolds Memorial Scholarship
The Robbie Reynolds Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a Senior with plans to attend Texas A&M or pursue a career in agricultural studies.
CoServ Charitable Foundation Scholarship
The CoServ Charitable Foundation Scholarship is awarded to a student who has exhibited strong citizenship skills and intends to pursue a degree in the STEM fields.
Danny Wilson Allstate Assisting a Dream Scholarship
The Danny Wilson Allstate Assisting a Dream Scholarship goes to a student who has shown academic persistence, class leadership and community involvement.
The Mathnasium Scholarship
The Mathnasium Scholarship goes to a student who has exhibited strong citizenship skills and class involvement.
PEF BOARD MEMBER
Josh Brown, President
Marcellus Rainey, Immediate Past President
Jorden Dial, Vice President
Stacy Cate, Secretary
Matt Cox, Treasurer
Janet Anders, Member
Roby Bledsoe, Member
Tasha Bradley, Member
John Gayhart, Member
Fred Haiman, Member
Brad Stein, Member
PISD Committee Representatives
Bernadette Gerace, District Liaison
PHS CLASS OF 2020
- Scholarship applications are available online starting January 8, 2020.
- Applications must be submitted online and by March 2, 2020 at 5:00 pm CST
- All Applicants must have 2 letters of recommendation, one from a teacher and one from a community member (not a relative). These must be submitted online through the application portal.
- Applications submitted after the deadline or without all required document will not be considered.
- Once all required documents are uploaded and completed, students must log in to the system to submit the application.
- Please be advised, the application includes more than one step to complete. Waiting until the deadline is near can cause difficulty in submitting the application prior to the deadline.
- The application process is competitive, but we there are scholarship funds available for graduates of all academic levels, including those interested in trade schools. All Senior students are encouraged to apply, and to do your best work!
- Any questions on PEF scholarships or the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.